Rutronik presents world’s smallest GPS antenna module from Fastrax
The Fastrax UC430 features an always-on location awareness that enables fast and convenient use of location aware digital devices. By utilizing SiRFaware technology, including the Adaptive Micropower Controller, the module autonomously activates itself periodically from stand-by, resulting in the reduction of Time To First Fix (TTFF) by up to 70 per cent. The SiRFaware technology allows the module to maintain hot-start readiness with minimal power consumption of 125µA average current and <10mW in TricklePower 1Hz navigation mode to ensure uncompromised battery life.
The self-assisted positioning feature is based on Client Generated Extended Ephemeris (CGEE), allowing the module to calculate predicted satellite positions for up to three days following the latest activation based on broadcast ephemeris data. The CGEE removes the need for expensive and time-
consuming data communication required to obtain traditional A-GPS information. The module has future support and connectivity to optional external sensors for dead reckoning, enabling the detection of more accurate static position and movement when satellite signals are unavailable.
The circular radiation pattern of the Fastrax UC430’s integrated chip antenna ensures signal acquisition. It also has a cold start acquisition sensitivity of -147dBm and tracking sensitivity of -163dBm that ensures high-performance navigation. In addition, the Fastrax UC430 contains an active jammer remover which tracks and removes up to eight interfering signals that would otherwise decrease navigation performance. It also supports an optional connectivity for external antenna signal, enabling the module to stay operational even if the external antenna is removed or damaged. The module supports both active and passive antennas.
Samples of the Fastrax UC430 are available at Rutronik now. The volume production of the module will start in the fourth quarter 2011.Visit Rutronik at www.rutronik.com
- Backup/power boost supercapacitors, in distribution
- Wireless power receiver shortens charging times, improves thermal performance
- ROHM extends Rutronik’s franchise to a global agreement
- Low power GNSS timing modules deliver highest accuracy and reliability
- 2-W wireless power receiver for wearable devices
- First dual-mode 5-W wireless power receiver enters volume production
- Pick of the power product releases
- Wireless charging SDK supports Rezence standard
- Saft supports French army with multi-million euro battery deal
- Qi compliant wireless power receiver IC reduces heat generation by 30 percent
- WPC-compliant receiving coil enables wireless charging 7-V portable electronic devices
- WPC 1.1 wireless power receiver targets portable applications
- Rutronik adds Osram compact multi-chip LED to its range
- SMD power inductors enable longer battery life in portable electronics
- Intelligent power modules offer enhanced system reliability performance
- Bias power made easy
- Revealed - The real impact of battery bounce testing
- Will energy-saving lightbulb become graphene's first commercial success?
- How to get higher efficiency at lower loads: A new LLC platform makes it possible
- Polymer discovery paves way for low-cost ultrafast batteries
- Has Google entered the battle for next-generation batteries?
- Medical devices: Where wireless charging has real impact
- WPT breaks all connections, Part 3
- Quick-charging hybrid supercapacitor trumps thin-film lithium battery
- Can fast-charging aluminum-ion battery dampen safety fears?
- Power grids - How many EVs can be charged simultaneoulsy?
- Will metal-free catalyst lower rechargeable zinc-air battery costs?
- Power management design for single-cell battery system
- How can iron fluoride triple energy storage in batteries?
- MIT pinpoints promising pathways for solar photovoltaic power
- Battery Management System Tutorial
- High Performance Portable DC Bench Power Supply: Save Money and Free Up Bench Real Estate by Building Your Own
- A Four-Quadrant DC/DC Switching Regulator Smoothly Transitions from Positive to Negative Output Voltages for FPGA and Other Applications
- Investigating Die attach Failure in IGBTs using Power Cycling Tests
- Power Systems Design eBook
- Wireless Power User Guide
- A Novel Approach to Industrial Rectifier Systems