Space saving MOSFETs deliver cooler running than larger packaged devices
The resulting cooler running and space saving advantages of the MOSFETs coupled with an off-board height of only 0.4 mm make them well suited to thin profile portable consumer electronics, including tablet PCs and smart phones. Initially Diodes is offering both n-channel and p-channel devices with breakdown voltage ratings of 20 V, 30 V and 60 V for use in a variety of high reliability load switching, signal switching and boost conversion applications.
The 20 V rated DMN2300UFB4 n-channel MOSFET for example displays an Rdson performance of just 150 mΩ, more than 50% lower than competing solutions, helping to reduce conduction losses and power dissipation. Its p-channel companion, the 20 V rated DMP21D0UFB4 offers a similar class-leading performance. Electrostatic discharge ratings of these MOSFETs are also high, at 2 kV and 3 kV, respectively.
Visit Diodes at www.diodes.com
- Channel power monitor measures land mobile radio performance
- Control hot-swap USB loads with 0.2A power switch
- Super-fast switching diodes with ultra-low leakage
- AC/DC converter control IC targets SiC drives
- 700V HVIC MOSFET drivers improve reliability, cut footprint
- Infineon promotes 300V division with OptiMOS FETS for hard switching
- Step-down DC/DC boosts efficiency in portables
- Infineon takes CoolMOS to generation 7; halves switching losses
- Double-sided cooling package for Toshiba's 30/60V power MOSFETs
- 1.9W Class-D audio amplifier delivers high SPL for low power drain
- P-ch MOSFET offers low on-resistance
- Cree reveals industry’s first 900-V SiC MOSFET
- Perovskites: Can focusing on 'dark' flaws boost efficiencies?
- Low operating-current shunt regulator betters 431 specs, replaces Zeners
- Single-channel comparator extends battery life in low-voltage portable devices
- Boeing issues fire hazard warning from lithium battery bulk shipments
- Power grid pilot highlights Europe's battery storage failings
- Smart meters can destabilize grid, study says
- Solar cell splits water to make fuel
- Solar powered flight smashes long distance records
- Can your phone batteries keep you secret on the internet?
- IBM slashes next-gen power
- Battery overheating stalls solar plane record attempt
- World first: Samsung monitor integrates inbuilt wireless charging
- Perovskite solar cells - can production costs be lowered?
- Electric double-decker buses lead London's zero emission drive
- Powering wearables: Are niobium nanowire supercapacitors the answer?
- Li-ion battery to power search for life on Mars
- Graphene nanoribbon could deliver power control for ships to smartphones
- Artificial light harvester reveals quantum physics of efficient photosynthesis
- Dual Phase Buck Controller Drives High Density 1.2V/60A Supply with Submilliohm DCR Sensing
- Battery Management System Tutorial
- High Performance Portable DC Bench Power Supply: Save Money and Free Up Bench Real Estate by Building Your Own
- A Four-Quadrant DC/DC Switching Regulator Smoothly Transitions from Positive to Negative Output Voltages for FPGA and Other Applications
- Investigating Die attach Failure in IGBTs using Power Cycling Tests
- Power Systems Design eBook
- Wireless Power User Guide