Space saving MOSFETs deliver cooler running than larger packaged devices
The resulting cooler running and space saving advantages of the MOSFETs coupled with an off-board height of only 0.4 mm make them well suited to thin profile portable consumer electronics, including tablet PCs and smart phones. Initially Diodes is offering both n-channel and p-channel devices with breakdown voltage ratings of 20 V, 30 V and 60 V for use in a variety of high reliability load switching, signal switching and boost conversion applications.
The 20 V rated DMN2300UFB4 n-channel MOSFET for example displays an Rdson performance of just 150 mΩ, more than 50% lower than competing solutions, helping to reduce conduction losses and power dissipation. Its p-channel companion, the 20 V rated DMP21D0UFB4 offers a similar class-leading performance. Electrostatic discharge ratings of these MOSFETs are also high, at 2 kV and 3 kV, respectively.
Visit Diodes at www.diodes.com
- Perovskites: Can focusing on 'dark' flaws boost efficiencies?
- Low operating-current shunt regulator betters 431 specs, replaces Zeners
- Single-channel comparator extends battery life in low-voltage portable devices
- Graphene-based solar cells and LEDs take step closer
- 150V diodes combine switching speed and softness
- Extended temperature MOSFETs offer power density benefits
- MOSFET family delivers lowest on-resistance and output capacitance
- Design-in for SiC: HV pulse generators use silicon carbide MOSFETs
- Multi-channel load sink driver consumes 12x less power
- 74-series glue logic functions push down power consumption
- Silicon-Carbide MOSFET range extended at 1200V ratings
- High-temperature N-channel power MOSFETs feature integrated drivers
- Power MOSFET drivers in smaller, thermally efficient packages
- Antireflective nanotextures create self-assembly surface for solar cells
- MOSFET H-bridge reduces footprint by 50 percent
- Bias power made easy
- Will home battery market entry give Tesla traction?
- How do lithium-ion batteries explode in real-time?
- New demands on DC-link power capacitors
- Cold Fusion: Still alive and kicking (But perhaps without the fusion)
- Has Google entered the battle for next-generation batteries?
- Medical devices: Where wireless charging has real impact
- Polymer discovery paves way for low-cost ultrafast batteries
- Power management design for single-cell battery system
- Infineon seeks buyer for Welsh wafer fab
- Can fast-charging aluminum-ion battery dampen safety fears?
- IKEA embeds wireless power transmitters in furniture and lamps
- Single material battery is safer, simpler and more efficient
- WPT breaks all connections, Part 3
- Wireless charging gets universal antenna
- Battery Management System Tutorial
- High Performance Portable DC Bench Power Supply: Save Money and Free Up Bench Real Estate by Building Your Own
- A Four-Quadrant DC/DC Switching Regulator Smoothly Transitions from Positive to Negative Output Voltages for FPGA and Other Applications
- Investigating Die attach Failure in IGBTs using Power Cycling Tests
- Power Systems Design eBook
- Wireless Power User Guide
- A Novel Approach to Industrial Rectifier Systems