Space saving MOSFETs deliver cooler running than larger packaged devices
The resulting cooler running and space saving advantages of the MOSFETs coupled with an off-board height of only 0.4 mm make them well suited to thin profile portable consumer electronics, including tablet PCs and smart phones. Initially Diodes is offering both n-channel and p-channel devices with breakdown voltage ratings of 20 V, 30 V and 60 V for use in a variety of high reliability load switching, signal switching and boost conversion applications.
The 20 V rated DMN2300UFB4 n-channel MOSFET for example displays an Rdson performance of just 150 mΩ, more than 50% lower than competing solutions, helping to reduce conduction losses and power dissipation. Its p-channel companion, the 20 V rated DMP21D0UFB4 offers a similar class-leading performance. Electrostatic discharge ratings of these MOSFETs are also high, at 2 kV and 3 kV, respectively.
Visit Diodes at www.diodes.com
- 600V power FETs that get 'close to perfection', says ST
- Vertical GaN-based transistors produce blocking voltage exceeding 1kV
- Channel power monitor measures land mobile radio performance
- Control hot-swap USB loads with 0.2A power switch
- Super-fast switching diodes with ultra-low leakage
- AC/DC converter control IC targets SiC drives
- 700V HVIC MOSFET drivers improve reliability, cut footprint
- Infineon promotes 300V division with OptiMOS FETS for hard switching
- Step-down DC/DC boosts efficiency in portables
- Infineon takes CoolMOS to generation 7; halves switching losses
- Double-sided cooling package for Toshiba's 30/60V power MOSFETs
- 1.9W Class-D audio amplifier delivers high SPL for low power drain
- P-ch MOSFET offers low on-resistance
- Cree reveals industry’s first 900-V SiC MOSFET
- Perovskites: Can focusing on 'dark' flaws boost efficiencies?
- Can your phone batteries keep you secret on the internet?
- Tesla reveals snakebot electric car charger
- Can hydrogen charge your iPhone for a week?
- Butterflies help boost solar panel power by 50 per cent
- Samsung partners MIT to create longer-lasting solid-state rechargeable batteries
- UK Government to trial charge-as-you-drive 'electric motorways'
- 'Aqueous solar flow' battery 20 percent more efficient than lithium-iodine batteries
- Could nanowire artificial photosynthesis put an end to fracking?
- CEO interview: Ambiq sees broader options for low voltage
- Simplified organic solar cells boost efficiency while lowering costs
- World's smallest emergency phone charger makes Kickstarter debut
- Smarter, lighter car battery replaces lead acid types
- Micro rake doubles efficiency of inexpensive solar cells
- Nanoparticle electrodes offer capacity boost for lithium-ion batteries
- Could aluminium be solar cell technology's new silver lining?
- Why Making the Move from a Variable Transformer to a VariPLUS is the Right Decision
- A SEPIC Fed Buck Converter
- Minimizing the Impact of Source Resistance on High-Voltage DC to DC Converters
- Dual Phase Buck Controller Drives High Density 1.2V/60A Supply with Submilliohm DCR Sensing
- Battery Management System Tutorial
- High Performance Portable DC Bench Power Supply: Save Money and Free Up Bench Real Estate by Building Your Own
- A Four-Quadrant DC/DC Switching Regulator Smoothly Transitions from Positive to Negative Output Voltages for FPGA and Other Applications