Space saving MOSFETs deliver cooler running than larger packaged devices
The resulting cooler running and space saving advantages of the MOSFETs coupled with an off-board height of only 0.4 mm make them well suited to thin profile portable consumer electronics, including tablet PCs and smart phones. Initially Diodes is offering both n-channel and p-channel devices with breakdown voltage ratings of 20 V, 30 V and 60 V for use in a variety of high reliability load switching, signal switching and boost conversion applications.
The 20 V rated DMN2300UFB4 n-channel MOSFET for example displays an Rdson performance of just 150 mΩ, more than 50% lower than competing solutions, helping to reduce conduction losses and power dissipation. Its p-channel companion, the 20 V rated DMP21D0UFB4 offers a similar class-leading performance. Electrostatic discharge ratings of these MOSFETs are also high, at 2 kV and 3 kV, respectively.
Visit Diodes at www.diodes.com
- Chip-scale bi-directional MOSFETs enable higher capacity lithium batteries
- MOSFET gate drivers boost conversion efficiency
- Programmable load switch improves system power reliability
- Automotive-qual’d SiC diodes also suit smaller inverter designs
- Buck converters enable smarter power regulation
- Low-voltage MOSFETs optimise footprint with dual-sided cooling packages
- 75V MOSFETs have ultra-low Rds(on) for industrial applications
- IGBTs and MOSFETs continue to drive power semiconductor growth
- Cree releases SPICE models for SiC power MOSFETs
- Cloud-based online design tool simplifies power part selection
- Small footprint boost controller simplifies LED backlighting
- 100V, automotive-qualified transistors boost power efficiency
- Infineon grabs lead in power MOSFET sector
- 700-V switcher halves quiescent power consumption
- Multi-channel audio amplifier gets power scalability
- From 20x faster batteries to spray-on solar cells
- The benefits of the coupled inductor technology
- French-German collaborators claim solar cell efficiency world record
- Can Fool's gold reduce the cost of solar cells?
- Vicor extends “component power” concepts with VIA package
- BMW and Tesla look at car battery alliance
- Electrostatic potential technique harvests more of the sun’s energy
- Australian researchers claim solar energy efficiency world record
- Death to "half-power handsets"
- Product How-to: Power supply Black Box revolutionizes customer diagnostics
- EnOcean eyes the consumer market
- New electrolyte promises cheaper high efficiency magnesium-sulfur batteries
- Do electric vehicle batteries on the grid make sense?
- How does a Blu-ray disc improve solar cell performance?
- Heliatek completes world's first BIOPV concrete façade installation
- Power Systems Design eBook
- Wireless Power User Guide
- A Novel Approach to Industrial Rectifier Systems
- Smartphone SoC Power Efficiency - DVFS Capacitor Switching
- Power Modules: The New Super Power
- Digital Power Management Reduces Energy Costs While Improving System Performance
- How to Charge Supercapacitor Banks for Energy Storage