Step-down dc-to-dc synchronous regulators enable high-density PoL designs
The 2 A/1.25 A, step-down, dc-to-dc synchronous regulators include low on-resistance switching FETs (field-effect transistors) that deliver power conversion efficiencies up to 93 percent. Internal loop compensation and integrated soft-start circuitry are also featured and enable high-density solutions for point-of-load applications.
The ADP2119 and ADP2120 accommodate a diversity of point-of-load applications with a 1.2-MHz fixed switching frequency and a wide 2.3-V to 5.5-V operating range. Output voltage is adjustable from 0.6 V to input voltage (VIN), and available in preset output voltage options of 3.3 V, 2.5 V, 1.8 V, 1.5 V, 1.2 V, and 1.0 V. The ADP2119 and ADP2120 regulators are available in small 3 mm x 3 mm LFCSP (lead-frame chip-scale package) packages.
"For the design engineer looking to cost effectively replace less efficient low dropout regulators, the ADP2119 and ADP2120 combined with the availability of online ADIsimPower design tools make these regulators very easy to use," said Martin Ng, product marketing manager, Analog Devices. "Our goal is to address our customers' power management challenges with products that use less space and reduce their time to market."
ADP2119 and ADP2120 dc-to-dc switching regulators features and benefits include:
- Current-mode, fixed-frequency PWM (pulse-width modulation) architecture provides excellent stability and transient response
- Power-good output, precision-enable and voltage tracking features enable a simple and reliable start-up sequence
- Regulators can be synchronized to eliminate beat frequencies between converters and remove the possibility of audible system noise
- OVP (over-voltage protection), OCP (over-current protection), UVLO (under-voltage lockout) and TSD (thermal shutdown) enhance system reliability and protection.
The ADP2119 is available now priced at 1.27 US Dollars each per 1,000 with the ADP2120 being available now priced at 1.17 US Dollars each per 1,000.
- Solar powered flight smashes long distance records
- Super-fast switching diodes with ultra-low leakage
- 1-W DC/DC converter reduces footprint by 34 percent
- Power magnetics Lab Kit enters education
- DC output drive modules for reactive loads offer reverse energy protection
- “True 150W” AC/DC power supply in 2 x 4-in. format
- Precision power analyzer claims world's highest power measurement accuracy
- Power factor correction ICs target light-load performance
- Power saving MEMS-based mirror-like display harnesses ambient light
- 700V HVIC MOSFET drivers improve reliability, cut footprint
- Exagan raises 5.7m euros to produce GaN-on-Si power-switches on 200-mm wafers
- RF power transistors to reach consumers' dishes
- IGBT and diode function on single chip deliver enhanced reliability
- 500W power supply minimises footprint
- DC/DC converter PCB layout, Part 1
- Energy in an emergency: How the evolution of the battery is having a knock on effect in emergency lighting
- LLC synchronous rectification made easy, robust and more efficient
- Measure heat usage in a radiator and gather consumption data for modern 'Green' analysis
- Quantum dot blinking - a problem solved?
- Using Wi-Fi to power the IoT
- Samsung and LG: Reshaping the future for rechargeable mobile batteries
- Semisolid innovation trims lithium-ion battery costs by 50 percent
- Graphene ultracapacitor claims market’s highest energy density
- Electrolyte additives prevent fires in next-generation lithium batteries
- Powering Ethernet, Part 1: Designing for low power consumption in operation
- UK start-up gears up to capture UK home energy storage market
- Constant-voltage topology and intelligent dimming drives LEDs efficiently
- Plant-inspired solar cell design promises improved efficiency
- France’s largest battery storage to stabilise power grid
- Battery Management System Tutorial
- High Performance Portable DC Bench Power Supply: Save Money and Free Up Bench Real Estate by Building Your Own
- A Four-Quadrant DC/DC Switching Regulator Smoothly Transitions from Positive to Negative Output Voltages for FPGA and Other Applications
- Investigating Die attach Failure in IGBTs using Power Cycling Tests
- Power Systems Design eBook
- Wireless Power User Guide
- A Novel Approach to Industrial Rectifier Systems