Step-down dc-to-dc synchronous regulators enable high-density PoL designs
The 2 A/1.25 A, step-down, dc-to-dc synchronous regulators include low on-resistance switching FETs (field-effect transistors) that deliver power conversion efficiencies up to 93 percent. Internal loop compensation and integrated soft-start circuitry are also featured and enable high-density solutions for point-of-load applications.
The ADP2119 and ADP2120 accommodate a diversity of point-of-load applications with a 1.2-MHz fixed switching frequency and a wide 2.3-V to 5.5-V operating range. Output voltage is adjustable from 0.6 V to input voltage (VIN), and available in preset output voltage options of 3.3 V, 2.5 V, 1.8 V, 1.5 V, 1.2 V, and 1.0 V. The ADP2119 and ADP2120 regulators are available in small 3 mm x 3 mm LFCSP (lead-frame chip-scale package) packages.
"For the design engineer looking to cost effectively replace less efficient low dropout regulators, the ADP2119 and ADP2120 combined with the availability of online ADIsimPower design tools make these regulators very easy to use," said Martin Ng, product marketing manager, Analog Devices. "Our goal is to address our customers' power management challenges with products that use less space and reduce their time to market."
ADP2119 and ADP2120 dc-to-dc switching regulators features and benefits include:
- Current-mode, fixed-frequency PWM (pulse-width modulation) architecture provides excellent stability and transient response
- Power-good output, precision-enable and voltage tracking features enable a simple and reliable start-up sequence
- Regulators can be synchronized to eliminate beat frequencies between converters and remove the possibility of audible system noise
- OVP (over-voltage protection), OCP (over-current protection), UVLO (under-voltage lockout) and TSD (thermal shutdown) enhance system reliability and protection.
The ADP2119 is available now priced at 1.27 US Dollars each per 1,000 with the ADP2120 being available now priced at 1.17 US Dollars each per 1,000.
- Qualcomm enables wireless charging for mobile devices with metal cases
- Eight percent of Europe’s electricity now supplied by wind energy
- 3 kW Platinum front-end AC/DC PSU for Power over Ethernet
- ROHM Semiconductor acquires digital power management specialist Powervation
- Graphene nanoribbon could deliver power control for ships to smartphones
- TI adds advanced WEBENCH tools for expert power-supply designers
- Infineon MOSFETs deliver highest energy efficiency in minimum packaging
- 650V IGBTs for 20 kHz power-switching applications
- Channel power monitor measures land mobile radio performance
- Power amplifiers cover 2-50 GHz to simplify instrumentation applications
- Wireless power transmitter/receiver coils for wearables
- Cree acquires APEI to boost SiC power modules penetration
- 150W and 225W, external medical-spec power supplies
- Wireless power transfer technology enables omnidirectional free space charging
- Silica adds Nordic Semiconductor short range wireless and Bluetooth products
- Boeing issues fire hazard warning from lithium battery bulk shipments
- Power grid pilot highlights Europe's battery storage failings
- Samsung and LG: Reshaping the future for rechargeable mobile batteries
- Graphene ultracapacitor claims market’s highest energy density
- Smart meters can destabilize grid, study says
- Solar powered flight smashes long distance records
- Solar cell splits water to make fuel
- Nanogenerator harvests energy from rolling tires
- Battery overheating stalls solar plane record attempt
- IBM slashes next-gen power
- Electric double-decker buses lead London's zero emission drive
- Perovskite solar cells - can production costs be lowered?
- World first: Samsung monitor integrates inbuilt wireless charging
- Powering wearables: Are niobium nanowire supercapacitors the answer?
- Li-ion battery to power search for life on Mars
- Dual Phase Buck Controller Drives High Density 1.2V/60A Supply with Submilliohm DCR Sensing
- Battery Management System Tutorial
- High Performance Portable DC Bench Power Supply: Save Money and Free Up Bench Real Estate by Building Your Own
- A Four-Quadrant DC/DC Switching Regulator Smoothly Transitions from Positive to Negative Output Voltages for FPGA and Other Applications
- Investigating Die attach Failure in IGBTs using Power Cycling Tests
- Power Systems Design eBook
- Wireless Power User Guide