TI spotlights two phase-dimmable, offline LED lighting drivers
The National LM3448 adaptive, constant-off time AC/DC constant current LED regulator integrates a 600-V MOSFET and is optimized for 2-W to 8-W dimmable LED lighting drivers. The TPS92070 flyback AC/DC constant current LED driver controller is optimized for 6-W to 20-W dimmable LED lighting drivers. Both products feature thermal shutdown, VCC under-voltage lockout, cycle-by-cycle peak current limit and LED open protection.
To simplify AC/DC LED driver design, TI offers an online navigation tool that delivers a complete LED drive solution tuned to the designer’s specifications, such as AC input voltage, fixture type, isolation and dimming requirements. The recommended solution is provided along with design materials such as datasheets, application notes and evaluation boards. Try out the AC/DC LED driver online navigation tool.
The LM3448 and TPS92070 join TI’s portfolio of phase-dimmable LED drivers that include the National LM3450 with power factor correction and phase dimming decoding; the National LM3445, the industry’s first TRIAC dimmable LED driver with both full-range and flicker-free dimming; and the TPS92210, a natural PFC LED lighting driver with cascoded MOSFET.
TI is showcasing its LM3448 and TPS92070 at Strategies in Light Europe (booths #222, #224) October 4-6.
Availability and Pricing
The LM3448 is available in volume now in a 16-pin SOIC package from TI and its authorized distributors. The suggested retail price is $1.10 in quantities of 1,000.
The TPS92070 is available now in a 16-pin TSSOP package and is priced at $0.75 in quantities of 1,000.
More information about the LM3448 and the TPS92070 at
www.ti.com/lm3448-pr and www.ti.com/tps92070-preu
- Smart power switch replaces discretes in powertrain and automotive body electronics
- Ultra-low-power 32-bit MCU platform targets industrial and IoT applications
- Isolated gate driver operates at up to 225°C
- Software simulation of ST power devices, by free download tool
- Roll-to-roll printing of organic solar cells and LEDs
- Wide Vin, four-switch buck-boost DC/DC offers efficiency with reduced EMI
- 80-V half-bridge GaN FET module targets GaN power-conversion solutions
- LED lighting controller boosts PFC, efficiency specifications for 20-150W
- Mouser signs global distribution deal with CUI
- MOSFET family delivers lowest on-resistance and output capacitance
- TI claims first for a primary-regulated, “zero standby power”, higher-power AC/DC PSU
- 65-V synchronous step-down converter for industrial, smart grid, automotive
- Design-in for SiC: HV pulse generators use silicon carbide MOSFETs
- Durable 480-V passive power supply focuses on high-voltage applications
- Switch to LED lighting cuts cruising energy costs by 60 percent
- High efficiency resonant mode implementation using digital control
- A simple method for determining the optimal operating point of an LED
- Can Dyson clean up in the battery sector?
- IKEA and Samsung back Qi wireless charging advance
- WPT breaks all connections, Part 1
- Data-acquisition: The key to a smart electrical grid
- Solar-powered plane completes first leg of global record attempt
- Battery-less IoT connectivity enabled by low-power & multi-standard wireless MCU
- Solar plane passes new test ahead of planned world tour
- Lithium battery shipments on passenger planes face ban
- Real-time power GaN waveform monitoring
- Lithium storage principle offers higher energy storage densities
- Advantages of power blocks for high-current POLs
- Is UK Government cutting solar subsidies too soon?
- Cheaper ultrathin perovskite solar cells target commerical viability
- High Performance Portable DC Bench Power Supply: Save Money and Free Up Bench Real Estate by Building Your Own
- A Four-Quadrant DC/DC Switching Regulator Smoothly Transitions from Positive to Negative Output Voltages for FPGA and Other Applications
- Investigating Die attach Failure in IGBTs using Power Cycling Tests
- Power Systems Design eBook
- Wireless Power User Guide
- A Novel Approach to Industrial Rectifier Systems
- Smartphone SoC Power Efficiency - DVFS Capacitor Switching