TI spotlights two phase-dimmable, offline LED lighting drivers
The National LM3448 adaptive, constant-off time AC/DC constant current LED regulator integrates a 600-V MOSFET and is optimized for 2-W to 8-W dimmable LED lighting drivers. The TPS92070 flyback AC/DC constant current LED driver controller is optimized for 6-W to 20-W dimmable LED lighting drivers. Both products feature thermal shutdown, VCC under-voltage lockout, cycle-by-cycle peak current limit and LED open protection.
To simplify AC/DC LED driver design, TI offers an online navigation tool that delivers a complete LED drive solution tuned to the designer’s specifications, such as AC input voltage, fixture type, isolation and dimming requirements. The recommended solution is provided along with design materials such as datasheets, application notes and evaluation boards. Try out the AC/DC LED driver online navigation tool.
The LM3448 and TPS92070 join TI’s portfolio of phase-dimmable LED drivers that include the National LM3450 with power factor correction and phase dimming decoding; the National LM3445, the industry’s first TRIAC dimmable LED driver with both full-range and flicker-free dimming; and the TPS92210, a natural PFC LED lighting driver with cascoded MOSFET.
TI is showcasing its LM3448 and TPS92070 at Strategies in Light Europe (booths #222, #224) October 4-6.
Availability and Pricing
The LM3448 is available in volume now in a 16-pin SOIC package from TI and its authorized distributors. The suggested retail price is $1.10 in quantities of 1,000.
The TPS92070 is available now in a 16-pin TSSOP package and is priced at $0.75 in quantities of 1,000.
More information about the LM3448 and the TPS92070 at
www.ti.com/lm3448-pr and www.ti.com/tps92070-preu
- TI adds advanced WEBENCH tools for expert power-supply designers
- Photo battery shines light on safer power
- Half-bridge gate driver for hybrid vehicle power systems
- Dielectric material helps keep LED packages much cooler
- DC output drive modules for reactive loads offer reverse energy protection
- Precision power analyzer claims world's highest power measurement accuracy
- AC/DC converter control IC targets SiC drives
- 700V HVIC MOSFET drivers improve reliability, cut footprint
- TI unveils industry’s lowest power wideband RF synthesizer
- Quantum dot blinking - a problem solved?
- Newswatch: Can IKEA make renewable energy payoff?
- Infineon promotes 300V division with OptiMOS FETS for hard switching
- Infineon takes CoolMOS to generation 7; halves switching losses
- Digital power chipset optimises dead time automatically
- Digital isolator technology in IGBT gate drivers yields performance & lifetime
- Boeing issues fire hazard warning from lithium battery bulk shipments
- Power grid pilot highlights Europe's battery storage failings
- Samsung and LG: Reshaping the future for rechargeable mobile batteries
- Graphene ultracapacitor claims market’s highest energy density
- Solar powered flight smashes long distance records
- Solar cell splits water to make fuel
- Smart meters can destabilize grid, study says
- Nanogenerator harvests energy from rolling tires
- Battery overheating stalls solar plane record attempt
- Electric double-decker buses lead London's zero emission drive
- IBM slashes next-gen power
- Perovskite solar cells - can production costs be lowered?
- World first: Samsung monitor integrates inbuilt wireless charging
- Powering wearables: Are niobium nanowire supercapacitors the answer?
- Li-ion battery to power search for life on Mars
- Battery Management System Tutorial
- High Performance Portable DC Bench Power Supply: Save Money and Free Up Bench Real Estate by Building Your Own
- A Four-Quadrant DC/DC Switching Regulator Smoothly Transitions from Positive to Negative Output Voltages for FPGA and Other Applications
- Investigating Die attach Failure in IGBTs using Power Cycling Tests
- Power Systems Design eBook
- Wireless Power User Guide
- A Novel Approach to Industrial Rectifier Systems