TI spotlights two phase-dimmable, offline LED lighting drivers
The National LM3448 adaptive, constant-off time AC/DC constant current LED regulator integrates a 600-V MOSFET and is optimized for 2-W to 8-W dimmable LED lighting drivers. The TPS92070 flyback AC/DC constant current LED driver controller is optimized for 6-W to 20-W dimmable LED lighting drivers. Both products feature thermal shutdown, VCC under-voltage lockout, cycle-by-cycle peak current limit and LED open protection.
To simplify AC/DC LED driver design, TI offers an online navigation tool that delivers a complete LED drive solution tuned to the designer’s specifications, such as AC input voltage, fixture type, isolation and dimming requirements. The recommended solution is provided along with design materials such as datasheets, application notes and evaluation boards. Try out the AC/DC LED driver online navigation tool.
The LM3448 and TPS92070 join TI’s portfolio of phase-dimmable LED drivers that include the National LM3450 with power factor correction and phase dimming decoding; the National LM3445, the industry’s first TRIAC dimmable LED driver with both full-range and flicker-free dimming; and the TPS92210, a natural PFC LED lighting driver with cascoded MOSFET.
TI is showcasing its LM3448 and TPS92070 at Strategies in Light Europe (booths #222, #224) October 4-6.
Availability and Pricing
The LM3448 is available in volume now in a 16-pin SOIC package from TI and its authorized distributors. The suggested retail price is $1.10 in quantities of 1,000.
The TPS92070 is available now in a 16-pin TSSOP package and is priced at $0.75 in quantities of 1,000.
More information about the LM3448 and the TPS92070 at
www.ti.com/lm3448-pr and www.ti.com/tps92070-preu
- MOSFET H-bridge reduces footprint by 50 percent
- 25-V and 30-V N-channel power MOSFETs offer lowest Rdson in a QFN package
- Microsemi collaborates with STMicroelectronics to develop EV car charger
- ROHM extends Rutronik’s franchise to a global agreement
- Smart window tints and acts as transparent battery
- Reference design spotlights high-power LED lighting applications
- PFC AC-DC drivers focus on LED lighting applications
- Energy-saving 810-nm IRED unlocks smartphones at a glance
- MOSFET gate drivers boost conversion efficiency
- Single-channel gate driver provides on-chip galvanic isolation
- Initiator device with integrated immobiliser 'wakes up' powered-down systems
- Automotive photovoltaic MOSFET driver rated for engine-compartment modules
- Multi-channel driver and inverter IPMs for industrial, white goods and consumer
- Connector solution supports DMX lighting-control protocol
- TI expands smart grid G3-PLC compliant solutions
- Are next generation EV batteries a step closer?
- Are power management researchers really 21st century alchemists?
- First round-the-world solar plane flight prepares for take-off
- GaN: The dawn of a new era?
- Long life aluminium-air battery resolves rechargeable challenges
- Overcoming patient leakage current issues
- Solar-powered radio chip monitors windows to save energy
- How to measure capacity versus bias voltage on MLCCs
- Conquering the 'kink' in sub-threshold power MOSFET behavior: A simple compact modeling approach
- Bamboo bike uses peddle power to recharge smartphones
- Apple Watch spurs wireless charging growth in 2015
- Hybrid fuel cell advance boosts power by 20 percent
- Product How-to: Ultra-low noise linear regulators for powering PLL/VCO and clocking ICs
- LED buck regulator with current-mode control simplifies compensation
- Multi-crystalline silicon PV module claims power output world record
- Investigating Die attach Failure in IGBTs using Power Cycling Tests
- Power Systems Design eBook
- Wireless Power User Guide
- A Novel Approach to Industrial Rectifier Systems
- Smartphone SoC Power Efficiency - DVFS Capacitor Switching
- Power Modules: The New Super Power
- Digital Power Management Reduces Energy Costs While Improving System Performance