TI spotlights two phase-dimmable, offline LED lighting drivers
The National LM3448 adaptive, constant-off time AC/DC constant current LED regulator integrates a 600-V MOSFET and is optimized for 2-W to 8-W dimmable LED lighting drivers. The TPS92070 flyback AC/DC constant current LED driver controller is optimized for 6-W to 20-W dimmable LED lighting drivers. Both products feature thermal shutdown, VCC under-voltage lockout, cycle-by-cycle peak current limit and LED open protection.
To simplify AC/DC LED driver design, TI offers an online navigation tool that delivers a complete LED drive solution tuned to the designer’s specifications, such as AC input voltage, fixture type, isolation and dimming requirements. The recommended solution is provided along with design materials such as datasheets, application notes and evaluation boards. Try out the AC/DC LED driver online navigation tool.
The LM3448 and TPS92070 join TI’s portfolio of phase-dimmable LED drivers that include the National LM3450 with power factor correction and phase dimming decoding; the National LM3445, the industry’s first TRIAC dimmable LED driver with both full-range and flicker-free dimming; and the TPS92210, a natural PFC LED lighting driver with cascoded MOSFET.
TI is showcasing its LM3448 and TPS92070 at Strategies in Light Europe (booths #222, #224) October 4-6.
Availability and Pricing
The LM3448 is available in volume now in a 16-pin SOIC package from TI and its authorized distributors. The suggested retail price is $1.10 in quantities of 1,000.
The TPS92070 is available now in a 16-pin TSSOP package and is priced at $0.75 in quantities of 1,000.
More information about the LM3448 and the TPS92070 at
www.ti.com/lm3448-pr and www.ti.com/tps92070-preu
- Smart window tints and acts as transparent battery
- Reference design spotlights high-power LED lighting applications
- PFC AC-DC drivers focus on LED lighting applications
- Energy-saving 810-nm IRED unlocks smartphones at a glance
- MOSFET gate drivers boost conversion efficiency
- Single-channel gate driver provides on-chip galvanic isolation
- Initiator device with integrated immobiliser 'wakes up' powered-down systems
- Automotive photovoltaic MOSFET driver rated for engine-compartment modules
- Multi-channel driver and inverter IPMs for industrial, white goods and consumer
- Connector solution supports DMX lighting-control protocol
- TI expands smart grid G3-PLC compliant solutions
- 75V MOSFETs have ultra-low Rds(on) for industrial applications
- Pixel chip sparks energy-efficient intelligent LED headlamps
- 200-mA power supply supports 64 DALI device network
- IP builds low power memory for LCD drivers and touch screen controllers
- From 20x faster batteries to spray-on solar cells
- The benefits of the coupled inductor technology
- French-German collaborators claim solar cell efficiency world record
- BMW and Tesla look at car battery alliance
- Electrostatic potential technique harvests more of the sun’s energy
- Australian researchers claim solar energy efficiency world record
- Death to "half-power handsets"
- Do electric vehicle batteries on the grid make sense?
- Product How-to: Power supply Black Box revolutionizes customer diagnostics
- New electrolyte promises cheaper high efficiency magnesium-sulfur batteries
- How does a Blu-ray disc improve solar cell performance?
- LXI + PoE: Essential design considerations
- Heliatek completes world's first BIOPV concrete façade installation
- Freescale turns up the power: charges 15-W wirelessly
- Quantum dots are key to spray-on solar cells
- Power Systems Design eBook
- Wireless Power User Guide
- A Novel Approach to Industrial Rectifier Systems
- Smartphone SoC Power Efficiency - DVFS Capacitor Switching
- Power Modules: The New Super Power
- Digital Power Management Reduces Energy Costs While Improving System Performance
- How to Charge Supercapacitor Banks for Energy Storage