Trio of ultracapacitor modules deliver high power and energy density benefits
The iMOD 16V/500F, 80V/15F and 48V/165F ultracapacitor modules target the power requirements of stop/start transportation systems, regenerative energy capture, grid power storage systems, backup power/UPS and robotics.
In addition to addressing needs of key industries, these modules were designed with the customer experience in mind. The iMOD 80V/15F can be ordered as a preassembled field replacement unit (FRU), eliminating up to 10 hours of labor and reducing the opportunity for assembly error. The iMOD 16V/500F has customizable end plates to fit a variety of alternate mounting configurations based on a customer’s need. Additionally, the iMOD 48V/165F has better thermal performance than competitors, leading to long life in high power, high cycle applications.
The iMOD 16V/500F has a working voltage of 16.2 V and features two stage balancing for best-in-class product life. The module is a one piece extrusion with completely enclosed circuitry and offers an available state of charge indicator.
The iMOD 80V/15F module has a working voltage of 81 V with a modular stacking construction with completely enclosed circuitry. The device can be ordered as a preassembled FRU. Digital monitoring is available.
iMOD 48V/165F module has a working voltage of 48.6 V and features two stage balancing for best-in-class product life. The module is contained in a three piece housing and features an internal management circuit board circuitry and an available state of charge indicator.
The Ioxus modules claim to be more efficient than batteries, allowing for hundreds of thousands of cycles, under a wide range of climate conditions, with minimum changes in performance. The design features make these new additions to the iMOD line both rugged and reliable. The new iMODs are optimized to deliver the highest performance benefits.
Visit Ioxus at www.ioxus.com
- US-Irish partnership pioneers GaN nanostructures for power electronics
- High power amplifier with integrated power detector targets backhaul
- KIT, Schaeffler optimise power steering for electric cars
- Automatically-compensated digital PoL controller matches analogue loop performance
- Europe leads PV uptake charts as global growth continues
- Smart power switch replaces discretes in powertrain and automotive body electronics
- UK becomes only bright spot in Europe's solar market
- Intepro expands to support growth plans
- Ultra-low-power 32-bit MCU platform targets industrial and IoT applications
- Is UK Government cutting solar subsidies too soon?
- Bluetooth Smart SoC family targets wireless charging for IoT
- micro-PMIC provides integrated power management for wearable devices
- Software simulation of ST power devices, by free download tool
- Bosch CEO predicts cheaper batteries, networked traffic
- 150V diodes combine switching speed and softness
- High efficiency resonant mode implementation using digital control
- A simple method for determining the optimal operating point of an LED
- WPT breaks all connections, Part 1
- Can Dyson clean up in the battery sector?
- Revealed - The real impact of battery bounce testing
- Data-acquisition: The key to a smart electrical grid
- IKEA and Samsung back Qi wireless charging advance
- Will energy-saving lightbulb become graphene's first commercial success?
- Solar-powered plane completes first leg of global record attempt
- Real-time power GaN waveform monitoring
- Solar plane passes new test ahead of planned world tour
- Lithium battery shipments on passenger planes face ban
- How to get higher efficiency at lower loads: A new LLC platform makes it possible
- Lithium storage principle offers higher energy storage densities
- Advantages of power blocks for high-current POLs
- High Performance Portable DC Bench Power Supply: Save Money and Free Up Bench Real Estate by Building Your Own
- A Four-Quadrant DC/DC Switching Regulator Smoothly Transitions from Positive to Negative Output Voltages for FPGA and Other Applications
- Investigating Die attach Failure in IGBTs using Power Cycling Tests
- Power Systems Design eBook
- Wireless Power User Guide
- A Novel Approach to Industrial Rectifier Systems
- Smartphone SoC Power Efficiency - DVFS Capacitor Switching