Ultra-low-power, low-cost MCUs targets consumer electronics, lighting and touch pads
The new MSP430G2xx2 MCUs include integrated capacitive touch IOs, allowing developers to interface directly with capacitive touch pads, eliminating the need for additional hardware and components. Additionally, the MSP430 MCU Value Line expansion provides extra package and memory options, providing developers with increased design flexibility.
Supported by TI's $4.30 LaunchPad development kit, free software and broad third party support network, the G2xx2 MCUs further enable an easy upgrade to 16-bit performance while maintaining the ultra-low Value Line price.
Availability and pricing
The new MSP430G2xx2 MCUs are priced from $0.33 for 100K units and samples are immediately available. The MSP430 MCU Value Line LaunchPad development kit (MSP-EXP430G2) is priced at $4.30.
For more information visit www.ti.com/430value_phase2-pr-lp
- A new measure for wireless power transfer to support highly efficient links
- SMIC to report Tunnel-FET extension to CMOS
- Can candle soot help power Electric Vehicles?
- Solar bypass semiconductor device protects PV from lighting
- Integrated 7.8 mΩ power switch handles 9A, with reverse-blocking
- Tektronix/Keithley adds high-current/power bench PSU variants
- Bulk capacitance on high-current PCB rails safely controlled with 30V MOSFET
- LLC controller claims best-in-class efficiency for isolated DC-DC converters
- USB power supply is designed for automotive environments
- Low-power battery management for wearables/IoT
- Six-supply sequencer with NV configuration & fault logging
- Fastest 600-V gate driver steps up power density
- Cathode material discovery boosts the drive for sodium-ion batteries
- Online power supply configurator supplants custom solutions
- Keeping robots on the move - smartening up solar harvesting
- Will DIY spray-on solar cells be a reality soon?
- Porsche reveals prototype battery-driven sports car
- Transparent coating cools solar cells while boosting efficiency
- More-than-Moore will lead, argues GloFo's Wijburg
- Elon Musk targets high-volume solar panel dominance
- Dialog to acquire Atmel for USD4.6bn in IoT push
- Super-battery charges mobile devices in 15 seconds or less
- Hybrid solar panel roof helps slash energy bills
- Are mushrooms the answer to lithium-ion battery degradation?
- World efficiency record claimed for both sides-contacted solar cells
- DC-DC Conversion Handbook on GaN
- Heat helps rechargeable batteries extend lifetimes
- Report: Cypress preps bid to snatch Atmel from Dialog
- Next-Generation batteries - Can all-silicon anodes be commercially viable?
- Can electron superhighway drives organic solar panel innovations?
- Determine Balancing Current for the LTC3305 Lead-Acid Battery Balancer
- Testing PSRR with High-Frequency Ripple
- Why Making the Move from a Variable Transformer to a VariPLUS is the Right Decision
- A SEPIC Fed Buck Converter
- Minimizing the Impact of Source Resistance on High-Voltage DC to DC Converters
- Dual Phase Buck Controller Drives High Density 1.2V/60A Supply with Submilliohm DCR Sensing
- Battery Management System Tutorial