Ultralow power 12-/14-bit 25-Msps-125-Msps ADCs operate at less than 100-mW at 125-Msps
The LTC2145 family includes two-channel simultaneous sampling, parallel output ADCs, offering a choice of full-rate CMOS, or double data rate (DDR) CMOS or DDR LVDS digital outputs with programmable digital output timing, programmable LVDS output current and optional LVDS output termination.
At 25 Msps the 14-bit and 12-bit versions of the LTC2140 consume just 24 mW per channel, while the 125 Msps LTC2145 consumes 95 mW per channel. While claiming the lowest power dissipation, AC performance has not been compromised.
At 14-bits, these devices achieve over 73.2 dB SNR performance with 90 dB of SFDR at baseband. At 12-bits, the SNR performance is better than 70.6 dB. This ADC family offers a pin-compatible upgrade path to the ultralow power LTC2185 16-bit ADC family to provide a 3 dB performance upgrade while maintaining portability in such applications as handheld test and instrumentation, radar/LIDAR, medical imaging, PET/SPECT scanners, military radios, smart antenna systems and a range of low-power communication systems.
Pin-compatible speed grade options include 25 Msps (24 mW/ch), 40 Msps (33 mW/ch), 65 Msps (46 mW/ch), 80 Msps (55 mW/ch), 105 Msps (75 mW/ch) and 125 Msps (95 mW/ch). Additional power savings can be achieved by placing the devices in standby (16 mW) or shutdown (1 mW). Analog full power bandwidth of 750 MHz and ultralow jitter of 0.08 psRMS allows undersampling of IF frequencies with excellent noise performance. These devices incorporate Linear Technology's digital output randomizer and alternate bit polarity (ABP) mode feature for reduced digital feedback.
Availability and Pricing
Available in compact 9 mm x 9 mm QFN packages, designers can benefit from the flexible choice of interfaces that minimize pin count and ease routing to FPGAs. These ADCs will be available in production quantities beginning in May through June 2011. Pricing starts at $10.95 each for the dual 12-bit 25 Msps devices in 1,000-piece quantities.
More information about the LTC2145 ADC family at www.linear.com/HSADC
- Disposable sensor patch analyses golfers' swing
- Pseudoparticle discovery spotlights energy conversion processes for photovoltaics
- Indoor solar-powered wireless mesh delivers 99.999% data reliability
- Medical-grade DC/DC converters deliver up to 10W in DIP24 case
- Isolators with on-chip DC/DC make 2W plug-and-play isolated power supplies
- Shunt-based current sensor supports solar inverter applications
- KIT, Schaeffler optimise power steering for electric cars
- Can tandem photovoltaics achieve record solar cell efficiencies?
- Linear adds micro-module regulators with 60V/4A & 36V/8A buck-boost types
- ChiP-based DC-DC converters pack 76-W/cm3 power density
- Lithium storage principle offers higher energy storage densities
- Mouser signs global distribution deal with CUI
- Can quantum symmetry innovation boost solar panel efficiencies?
- Digital DC/DC controllers programmable from 375kHz to 1.25MHz
- 500 mA, 1.5 MHz, 65V boost DC/DC converter
- Bias power made easy
- Revealed - The real impact of battery bounce testing
- Will energy-saving lightbulb become graphene's first commercial success?
- How to get higher efficiency at lower loads: A new LLC platform makes it possible
- Polymer discovery paves way for low-cost ultrafast batteries
- Has Google entered the battle for next-generation batteries?
- Medical devices: Where wireless charging has real impact
- WPT breaks all connections, Part 3
- Quick-charging hybrid supercapacitor trumps thin-film lithium battery
- Can fast-charging aluminum-ion battery dampen safety fears?
- Power management design for single-cell battery system
- Power grids - How many EVs can be charged simultaneoulsy?
- Will metal-free catalyst lower rechargeable zinc-air battery costs?
- How can iron fluoride triple energy storage in batteries?
- Can magnesium ions finally break the lithium battery stranglehold?
- Battery Management System Tutorial
- High Performance Portable DC Bench Power Supply: Save Money and Free Up Bench Real Estate by Building Your Own
- A Four-Quadrant DC/DC Switching Regulator Smoothly Transitions from Positive to Negative Output Voltages for FPGA and Other Applications
- Investigating Die attach Failure in IGBTs using Power Cycling Tests
- Power Systems Design eBook
- Wireless Power User Guide
- A Novel Approach to Industrial Rectifier Systems