Ultralow power 12-/14-bit 25-Msps-125-Msps ADCs operate at less than 100-mW at 125-Msps
The LTC2145 family includes two-channel simultaneous sampling, parallel output ADCs, offering a choice of full-rate CMOS, or double data rate (DDR) CMOS or DDR LVDS digital outputs with programmable digital output timing, programmable LVDS output current and optional LVDS output termination.
At 25 Msps the 14-bit and 12-bit versions of the LTC2140 consume just 24 mW per channel, while the 125 Msps LTC2145 consumes 95 mW per channel. While claiming the lowest power dissipation, AC performance has not been compromised.
At 14-bits, these devices achieve over 73.2 dB SNR performance with 90 dB of SFDR at baseband. At 12-bits, the SNR performance is better than 70.6 dB. This ADC family offers a pin-compatible upgrade path to the ultralow power LTC2185 16-bit ADC family to provide a 3 dB performance upgrade while maintaining portability in such applications as handheld test and instrumentation, radar/LIDAR, medical imaging, PET/SPECT scanners, military radios, smart antenna systems and a range of low-power communication systems.
Pin-compatible speed grade options include 25 Msps (24 mW/ch), 40 Msps (33 mW/ch), 65 Msps (46 mW/ch), 80 Msps (55 mW/ch), 105 Msps (75 mW/ch) and 125 Msps (95 mW/ch). Additional power savings can be achieved by placing the devices in standby (16 mW) or shutdown (1 mW). Analog full power bandwidth of 750 MHz and ultralow jitter of 0.08 psRMS allows undersampling of IF frequencies with excellent noise performance. These devices incorporate Linear Technology's digital output randomizer and alternate bit polarity (ABP) mode feature for reduced digital feedback.
Availability and Pricing
Available in compact 9 mm x 9 mm QFN packages, designers can benefit from the flexible choice of interfaces that minimize pin count and ease routing to FPGAs. These ADCs will be available in production quantities beginning in May through June 2011. Pricing starts at $10.95 each for the dual 12-bit 25 Msps devices in 1,000-piece quantities.
More information about the LTC2145 ADC family at www.linear.com/HSADC
- 1-W DC/DC converter reduces footprint by 34 percent
- 3-channel, fully-integrated ultralow power regulator/switch
- GreenTouch improves energy efficiency in wireless networks by more than 10,000 times
- Multicore SHARC+ARM SOC achieves 5x power efficiency performance
- Bidirectional 2-A buck-boost supercapacitor charger offers fast charging
- Brazil startup offers PMIC for solar energy harvesting
- IDT enters power management solutions collaboration with ZMDI
- Chasing the super cell
- Plugging pinholes extends perovskite solar cell lifetimes
- Wood aerogel promises elastic high-capacity batteries
- Micro-module regulators can serve latest FPGAs with up to 144A
- Farnell to stock Murata's ultra-compact 1W converters
- IDT partners EPC to integrate GaN and silicon technologies
- Digital power chipset optimises dead time automatically
- DC/DC converter PCB layout, Part 1
- Energy in an emergency: How the evolution of the battery is having a knock on effect in emergency lighting
- LLC synchronous rectification made easy, robust and more efficient
- Measure heat usage in a radiator and gather consumption data for modern 'Green' analysis
- Quantum dot blinking - a problem solved?
- Using Wi-Fi to power the IoT
- Disposable battery life extender enables batteries last 8x longer
- Samsung and LG: Reshaping the future for rechargeable mobile batteries
- Semisolid innovation trims lithium-ion battery costs by 50 percent
- Graphene ultracapacitor claims market’s highest energy density
- Newswatch: Can IKEA make renewable energy payoff?
- Electrolyte additives prevent fires in next-generation lithium batteries
- Powering Ethernet, Part 1: Designing for low power consumption in operation
- UK start-up gears up to capture UK home energy storage market
- Constant-voltage topology and intelligent dimming drives LEDs efficiently
- Battery Management System Tutorial
- High Performance Portable DC Bench Power Supply: Save Money and Free Up Bench Real Estate by Building Your Own
- A Four-Quadrant DC/DC Switching Regulator Smoothly Transitions from Positive to Negative Output Voltages for FPGA and Other Applications
- Investigating Die attach Failure in IGBTs using Power Cycling Tests
- Power Systems Design eBook
- Wireless Power User Guide
- A Novel Approach to Industrial Rectifier Systems