Westcor unveils MIL-COTS family of AC-DC configurable power supplies
The products include, specifically, PFC Mini MI and PFC Micro/MicroS MI power factor corrected AC-DC switchers; PFC MegaPAC MI power factor corrected AC-DC switcher; and FlatPAC-EN MI, an EN compliant, autoranging switcher.
The existing Vicor MIL-COTS power components include Maxi, Mini, and Micro DC-DC Converters; MI-200/MI-J00 DC-DC Converters; VIPAC configurable power systems, and V-I Chip and VI BRICK Modules - have earned acceptance in MIL-COTS applications where high performance, reliability, and low cost are critical.
All four of the new members of the rugged MIL-COTS Family meet the vibration and shock requirements of MIL-STD-810. The three power-factor-corrected switchers meet MIL-STD-704F and MIL-STD-1399C for transients and overvoltage. All four comply with conducted emissions requirements of EN55022 Class A and Class B (configuration dependent). MIL-STD-461E will require an external filter.
Prototype quantities of new designs are typically delivered in less than two weeks.
The ISO 9001-2000 certified Westcor division of Vicor designs and builds configurable AC-DC and DC-DC power supplies incorporating Vicor DC-DC converters and accessory components.
- Power multiplexer ICs for mobile devices
- UPS remote monitoring system IoT technology platform
- IKEA embeds wireless power transmitters in furniture and lamps
- Cadence/Tensilica shapes DSP IP for low-energy SoC implementations
- 1W DC-DC converters boost isolation levels
- High-integration power management ICs targets portable computing devices
- GPTG agrees global distribution deal with Digi-Key
- 10W charger design for smart mobile devices meets latest specs
- The ultimate 'Selfie' solution: A self-powered video camera
- 200W, 98%, buck-boost regulators in 10x14mm module format
- Harvesting energy from electromagnetic waves
- Europe’s first commercial Li-ion ESS deployment supports Faroe wind farm
- Battery-backed power supplies maintain up to 115W
- Baseplate cooled AC-DC power supplies deliver 110W
- 75W triple output AC-DC power supplies
- Bias power made easy
- Revealed - The real impact of battery bounce testing
- Will energy-saving lightbulb become graphene's first commercial success?
- How to get higher efficiency at lower loads: A new LLC platform makes it possible
- Polymer discovery paves way for low-cost ultrafast batteries
- Has Google entered the battle for next-generation batteries?
- Medical devices: Where wireless charging has real impact
- WPT breaks all connections, Part 3
- Quick-charging hybrid supercapacitor trumps thin-film lithium battery
- Can fast-charging aluminum-ion battery dampen safety fears?
- Power grids - How many EVs can be charged simultaneoulsy?
- Will metal-free catalyst lower rechargeable zinc-air battery costs?
- Power management design for single-cell battery system
- How can iron fluoride triple energy storage in batteries?
- MIT pinpoints promising pathways for solar photovoltaic power
- Battery Management System Tutorial
- High Performance Portable DC Bench Power Supply: Save Money and Free Up Bench Real Estate by Building Your Own
- A Four-Quadrant DC/DC Switching Regulator Smoothly Transitions from Positive to Negative Output Voltages for FPGA and Other Applications
- Investigating Die attach Failure in IGBTs using Power Cycling Tests
- Power Systems Design eBook
- Wireless Power User Guide
- A Novel Approach to Industrial Rectifier Systems