Westcor unveils MIL-COTS family of AC-DC configurable power supplies
The products include, specifically, PFC Mini MI and PFC Micro/MicroS MI power factor corrected AC-DC switchers; PFC MegaPAC MI power factor corrected AC-DC switcher; and FlatPAC-EN MI, an EN compliant, autoranging switcher.
The existing Vicor MIL-COTS power components include Maxi, Mini, and Micro DC-DC Converters; MI-200/MI-J00 DC-DC Converters; VIPAC configurable power systems, and V-I Chip and VI BRICK Modules - have earned acceptance in MIL-COTS applications where high performance, reliability, and low cost are critical.
All four of the new members of the rugged MIL-COTS Family meet the vibration and shock requirements of MIL-STD-810. The three power-factor-corrected switchers meet MIL-STD-704F and MIL-STD-1399C for transients and overvoltage. All four comply with conducted emissions requirements of EN55022 Class A and Class B (configuration dependent). MIL-STD-461E will require an external filter.
Prototype quantities of new designs are typically delivered in less than two weeks.
The ISO 9001-2000 certified Westcor division of Vicor designs and builds configurable AC-DC and DC-DC power supplies incorporating Vicor DC-DC converters and accessory components.
- Power capacitor addresses e-mobility
- Multi-channel load sink driver consumes 12x less power
- LDO regulator has ultra-low noise, high PSRR, for sensitive RF applications
- Bluetooth SoCs target ultra-low power Blue Gecko applications
- Single output, 5-20W medically approved power supplies
- Power factor correction boost controller achieves 0.99 PF
- LED power supply market to triple in next five years
- 800W, micro redundant industrial PC power supply in 1-U space
- 200W DC/DC has ultra-wide output voltage range for radio PA applications
- SMD DC-DC converters uprate efficiency, isolation and temperature range
- WPC extends capabilities of Qi wireless power standard
- Power supply design tool is offered as cloud-based app
- Voltage optimisation innovation provides renewable energy at peak times
- High power LNA can be tuned to cover 700 to 3800 MHz
- Infineon claims lowest FET resistance at 80V and 100V
- How to ground and power complex circuits
- Low EMI automotive power designs
- Envelope Tracking Modulator with quad power IC and FPGA control
- World’s first polychrome organic solar module is revealed
- Simple analog ASIC solves difficult thermal analysis problems
- Power supply de-rating in practice
- LDO design techniques for small spaces
- Will energy-harvesting 3D printed trees charge your smartphone?
- Ultra-low power system for wearable devices
- Can 'baking powder' effect boost solar cell efficiencies?
- Plugging solar cell pinholes key to perovskite performance
- Challenges in battery management for hybrid/electric vehicles
- Tesla reveals plans to target household energy-storage market
- Shrimp shells provide cheap sustainable solar cell material
- Optimized perovskite films claim record power conversion efficiencies
- A Four-Quadrant DC/DC Switching Regulator Smoothly Transitions from Positive to Negative Output Voltages for FPGA and Other Applications
- Investigating Die attach Failure in IGBTs using Power Cycling Tests
- Power Systems Design eBook
- Wireless Power User Guide
- A Novel Approach to Industrial Rectifier Systems
- Smartphone SoC Power Efficiency - DVFS Capacitor Switching
- Power Modules: The New Super Power