Westcor unveils MIL-COTS family of AC-DC configurable power supplies
The products include, specifically, PFC Mini MI and PFC Micro/MicroS MI power factor corrected AC-DC switchers; PFC MegaPAC MI power factor corrected AC-DC switcher; and FlatPAC-EN MI, an EN compliant, autoranging switcher.
The existing Vicor MIL-COTS power components include Maxi, Mini, and Micro DC-DC Converters; MI-200/MI-J00 DC-DC Converters; VIPAC configurable power systems, and V-I Chip and VI BRICK Modules - have earned acceptance in MIL-COTS applications where high performance, reliability, and low cost are critical.
All four of the new members of the rugged MIL-COTS Family meet the vibration and shock requirements of MIL-STD-810. The three power-factor-corrected switchers meet MIL-STD-704F and MIL-STD-1399C for transients and overvoltage. All four comply with conducted emissions requirements of EN55022 Class A and Class B (configuration dependent). MIL-STD-461E will require an external filter.
Prototype quantities of new designs are typically delivered in less than two weeks.
The ISO 9001-2000 certified Westcor division of Vicor designs and builds configurable AC-DC and DC-DC power supplies incorporating Vicor DC-DC converters and accessory components.
- 1-W DC/DC converter reduces footprint by 34 percent
- Power magnetics Lab Kit enters education
- DC output drive modules for reactive loads offer reverse energy protection
- “True 150W” AC/DC power supply in 2 x 4-in. format
- Precision power analyzer claims world's highest power measurement accuracy
- Power factor correction ICs target light-load performance
- Power saving MEMS-based mirror-like display harnesses ambient light
- 700V HVIC MOSFET drivers improve reliability, cut footprint
- Exagan raises 5.7m euros to produce GaN-on-Si power-switches on 200-mm wafers
- RF power transistors to reach consumers' dishes
- IGBT and diode function on single chip deliver enhanced reliability
- 500W power supply minimises footprint
- SoC IP: ultra low-power cells for always-on blocks
- 3-channel, fully-integrated ultralow power regulator/switch
- Power modelling of mobile basestations sees problems after 2020
- DC/DC converter PCB layout, Part 1
- Energy in an emergency: How the evolution of the battery is having a knock on effect in emergency lighting
- LLC synchronous rectification made easy, robust and more efficient
- Measure heat usage in a radiator and gather consumption data for modern 'Green' analysis
- Quantum dot blinking - a problem solved?
- Using Wi-Fi to power the IoT
- Disposable battery life extender enables batteries last 8x longer
- Samsung and LG: Reshaping the future for rechargeable mobile batteries
- Semisolid innovation trims lithium-ion battery costs by 50 percent
- Graphene ultracapacitor claims market’s highest energy density
- Newswatch: Can IKEA make renewable energy payoff?
- Electrolyte additives prevent fires in next-generation lithium batteries
- Powering Ethernet, Part 1: Designing for low power consumption in operation
- UK start-up gears up to capture UK home energy storage market
- Constant-voltage topology and intelligent dimming drives LEDs efficiently
- Battery Management System Tutorial
- High Performance Portable DC Bench Power Supply: Save Money and Free Up Bench Real Estate by Building Your Own
- A Four-Quadrant DC/DC Switching Regulator Smoothly Transitions from Positive to Negative Output Voltages for FPGA and Other Applications
- Investigating Die attach Failure in IGBTs using Power Cycling Tests
- Power Systems Design eBook
- Wireless Power User Guide
- A Novel Approach to Industrial Rectifier Systems