ZMDI applies mixed-signal expertise to enable energy efficient LED lighting
The drivers achieve up to 95 percent efficiency and demonstrate ZMDI’s commitment to green technology.
ZMDI’s LED driver portfolio is designed for all types of internal and external lighting applications. The ZLED7000 and ZLED7010 drive single or multiple LEDs from a supply voltage range of 6 to 40 V, using continuous-mode inductive step-down converters. The ZLED7001 is a peak current mode control LED driver which operates within a wide input range from 8 VDC to 450 VDC or 110 VAC / 220 VAC, making it ideal for direct line-powered applications. All three devices have a small footprint and are highly integrated thus enabling a low bill of materials (BOM) cost.
The ZLED7000 and the ZLED7010 LED driver both feature an integrated current-switching transistor and require only four external components for a complete driver. Both support wide-range dimming. The ZLED7010 also has integrated LED temperature compensation to insure that the LED lifetime is maximized. The measured temperature information for the compensation can be cascaded through the ZLED7010 to serve up to 13 LED drivers. Both devices can drive up to 750 mA of LED current, and feature regulation better than 2 mA. This means the LEDs deliver consistent, flicker-free brightness.
For line-powered applications, the ZLED7001 universal LED driver allows efficient operation of High Brightness (HB) LEDs with voltage sources ranging from 8 VDC to 450 VDC, including rectified 110 VAC / 220 VAC. Direct connection to the power line dramatically reduces the cost and size of LED lamps, and makes it possible to create LED lamps which are direct replacements for conventional incandescent and fluorescent lamps. The ZLED7001 claims an excellent dimming response and can be dimmed using either Pulse-Width-Modulation techniques or via a linear input control pin. A temperature-compensation input can be used to insure maximum LED lifetime.
Availability and Pricing
For all three devices, full application kits including application notes and an evaluation board are available now. The ZLED7000 comes in a SOT89-5 package, making it ideal for space-constrained applications such as signage or specialty architectural lighting. The ZLED7001 and ZLED7010 are available in a SOP-8 package. For 1000 pieces, the ZLED7000 is priced at 0.36 Euros, ZLED7001 at 0.40 Euros and ZLED7010 at 0.63 Euros. All three devices are available in mass production now.
Related link: www.zmdi.com
- PSU MOSFET driver boosts functional robustness, with low power loss
- IDT to acquire ZMDI for $310million
- Ultra-thin perovskite nanocrystals enable tunable, energy-efficient LEDs
- Evaluation method of semiconductors using terahertz targets energy-saving devices
- Improving reliability and lowering audible noise on LED drivers
- Energy-as-a-service: GE combines LED and energy businesses to offer solution
- Fastest 600-V gate driver steps up power density
- 24-35 GHz communications system, medium-power driver amplifier
- TSMC pulls plug on solar business
- 40/60V FETs for cordless appliances add logic-level drive by MCU
- Full-bridge gate driver chips targets starter generator applications
- Ultralow power buck regulator cuts losses in wearables, IoT
- Stadium Group acquires Stontronics to strengthen growth plans
- Dual step-down DC/DC controller update adds PWM signals
- Power amplifiers cover 2-50 GHz to simplify instrumentation applications
- Internet blackouts by 2020, warns nanoelectronics book
- Huawei reveals rapid charge batteries: 50% capacity charged in minutes
- Want longer lasting lithium ion batteries? Just add hydrogen
- Will solar cells power a Li-FI revolution?
- 48V system achieves near full-hybrid characteristics
- Tandem thin film solar cells add perovskite to boost efficiency
- Perovskite advance targets long-wavelength sunlight to boost solar cell efficiency
- Universal wireless charger meets multiple standards
- IDT to acquire ZMDI for $310million
- PoWiFi optimizes energy harvesting to power IoT sensors
- A4WP and PMA combine for create AirFuel Alliance
- Sub-threshold logic MCU maker claims low-power benchmark lead
- Harvest more energy from photons to improve solar cells and li-fi
- Multi-crystalline silicon solar cell claims 21.25 percent efficiency record
- Licensing deal drives lithium-sulfur battery technology to production
- Battery Size Matters
- Isolation in AC Motor Drives: Understanding the IEC 61800-5-1 Safety Standard
- Multichemistry Buck Battery Charger Controller
- Why Making the Move from a Variable Transformer to a VariPLUS is the Right Decision
- Determine Balancing Current for the LTC3305 Lead-Acid Battery Balancer
- Testing PSRR with High-Frequency Ripple
- A SEPIC Fed Buck Converter