ZMDI applies mixed-signal expertise to enable energy efficient LED lighting
The drivers achieve up to 95 percent efficiency and demonstrate ZMDI’s commitment to green technology.
ZMDI’s LED driver portfolio is designed for all types of internal and external lighting applications. The ZLED7000 and ZLED7010 drive single or multiple LEDs from a supply voltage range of 6 to 40 V, using continuous-mode inductive step-down converters. The ZLED7001 is a peak current mode control LED driver which operates within a wide input range from 8 VDC to 450 VDC or 110 VAC / 220 VAC, making it ideal for direct line-powered applications. All three devices have a small footprint and are highly integrated thus enabling a low bill of materials (BOM) cost.
The ZLED7000 and the ZLED7010 LED driver both feature an integrated current-switching transistor and require only four external components for a complete driver. Both support wide-range dimming. The ZLED7010 also has integrated LED temperature compensation to insure that the LED lifetime is maximized. The measured temperature information for the compensation can be cascaded through the ZLED7010 to serve up to 13 LED drivers. Both devices can drive up to 750 mA of LED current, and feature regulation better than 2 mA. This means the LEDs deliver consistent, flicker-free brightness.
For line-powered applications, the ZLED7001 universal LED driver allows efficient operation of High Brightness (HB) LEDs with voltage sources ranging from 8 VDC to 450 VDC, including rectified 110 VAC / 220 VAC. Direct connection to the power line dramatically reduces the cost and size of LED lamps, and makes it possible to create LED lamps which are direct replacements for conventional incandescent and fluorescent lamps. The ZLED7001 claims an excellent dimming response and can be dimmed using either Pulse-Width-Modulation techniques or via a linear input control pin. A temperature-compensation input can be used to insure maximum LED lifetime.
Availability and Pricing
For all three devices, full application kits including application notes and an evaluation board are available now. The ZLED7000 comes in a SOT89-5 package, making it ideal for space-constrained applications such as signage or specialty architectural lighting. The ZLED7001 and ZLED7010 are available in a SOP-8 package. For 1000 pieces, the ZLED7000 is priced at 0.36 Euros, ZLED7001 at 0.40 Euros and ZLED7010 at 0.63 Euros. All three devices are available in mass production now.
Related link: www.zmdi.com
- Energy-as-a-service: GE combines LED and energy businesses to offer solution
- Fastest 600-V gate driver steps up power density
- 24-35 GHz communications system, medium-power driver amplifier
- TSMC pulls plug on solar business
- 40/60V FETs for cordless appliances add logic-level drive by MCU
- Full-bridge gate driver chips targets starter generator applications
- Ultralow power buck regulator cuts losses in wearables, IoT
- Stadium Group acquires Stontronics to strengthen growth plans
- Dual step-down DC/DC controller update adds PWM signals
- Power amplifiers cover 2-50 GHz to simplify instrumentation applications
- Photo battery shines light on safer power
- Half-bridge gate driver for hybrid vehicle power systems
- Dielectric material helps keep LED packages much cooler
- DC output drive modules for reactive loads offer reverse energy protection
- 700V HVIC MOSFET drivers improve reliability, cut footprint
- Will DIY spray-on solar cells be a reality soon?
- Porsche reveals prototype battery-driven sports car
- Transparent coating cools solar cells while boosting efficiency
- More-than-Moore will lead, argues GloFo's Wijburg
- Elon Musk targets high-volume solar panel dominance
- Dialog to acquire Atmel for USD4.6bn in IoT push
- Super-battery charges mobile devices in 15 seconds or less
- Hybrid solar panel roof helps slash energy bills
- Are mushrooms the answer to lithium-ion battery degradation?
- World efficiency record claimed for both sides-contacted solar cells
- DC-DC Conversion Handbook on GaN
- Heat helps rechargeable batteries extend lifetimes
- Report: Cypress preps bid to snatch Atmel from Dialog
- Next-Generation batteries - Can all-silicon anodes be commercially viable?
- Can electron superhighway drives organic solar panel innovations?
- Determine Balancing Current for the LTC3305 Lead-Acid Battery Balancer
- Testing PSRR with High-Frequency Ripple
- Why Making the Move from a Variable Transformer to a VariPLUS is the Right Decision
- A SEPIC Fed Buck Converter
- Minimizing the Impact of Source Resistance on High-Voltage DC to DC Converters
- Dual Phase Buck Controller Drives High Density 1.2V/60A Supply with Submilliohm DCR Sensing
- Battery Management System Tutorial