ZMDI applies mixed-signal expertise to enable energy efficient LED lighting
The drivers achieve up to 95 percent efficiency and demonstrate ZMDI’s commitment to green technology.
ZMDI’s LED driver portfolio is designed for all types of internal and external lighting applications. The ZLED7000 and ZLED7010 drive single or multiple LEDs from a supply voltage range of 6 to 40 V, using continuous-mode inductive step-down converters. The ZLED7001 is a peak current mode control LED driver which operates within a wide input range from 8 VDC to 450 VDC or 110 VAC / 220 VAC, making it ideal for direct line-powered applications. All three devices have a small footprint and are highly integrated thus enabling a low bill of materials (BOM) cost.
The ZLED7000 and the ZLED7010 LED driver both feature an integrated current-switching transistor and require only four external components for a complete driver. Both support wide-range dimming. The ZLED7010 also has integrated LED temperature compensation to insure that the LED lifetime is maximized. The measured temperature information for the compensation can be cascaded through the ZLED7010 to serve up to 13 LED drivers. Both devices can drive up to 750 mA of LED current, and feature regulation better than 2 mA. This means the LEDs deliver consistent, flicker-free brightness.
For line-powered applications, the ZLED7001 universal LED driver allows efficient operation of High Brightness (HB) LEDs with voltage sources ranging from 8 VDC to 450 VDC, including rectified 110 VAC / 220 VAC. Direct connection to the power line dramatically reduces the cost and size of LED lamps, and makes it possible to create LED lamps which are direct replacements for conventional incandescent and fluorescent lamps. The ZLED7001 claims an excellent dimming response and can be dimmed using either Pulse-Width-Modulation techniques or via a linear input control pin. A temperature-compensation input can be used to insure maximum LED lifetime.
Availability and Pricing
For all three devices, full application kits including application notes and an evaluation board are available now. The ZLED7000 comes in a SOT89-5 package, making it ideal for space-constrained applications such as signage or specialty architectural lighting. The ZLED7001 and ZLED7010 are available in a SOP-8 package. For 1000 pieces, the ZLED7000 is priced at 0.36 Euros, ZLED7001 at 0.40 Euros and ZLED7010 at 0.63 Euros. All three devices are available in mass production now.
Related link: www.zmdi.com
- Power amplifiers cover 2-50 GHz to simplify instrumentation applications
- Photo battery shines light on safer power
- Half-bridge gate driver for hybrid vehicle power systems
- Dielectric material helps keep LED packages much cooler
- DC output drive modules for reactive loads offer reverse energy protection
- 700V HVIC MOSFET drivers improve reliability, cut footprint
- 3-channel, fully-integrated ultralow power regulator/switch
- Multicore SHARC+ARM SOC achieves 5x power efficiency performance
- Quantum dot blinking - a problem solved?
- Brazil startup offers PMIC for solar energy harvesting
- Newswatch: Can IKEA make renewable energy payoff?
- Infineon takes CoolMOS to generation 7; halves switching losses
- 4-ch, 24-GHz downconverter for multichannel, beamforming receivers
- Digital isolator technology in IGBT gate drivers yields performance & lifetime
- Smart, high-power-density motor driver has 85V/10A power stage
- Boeing issues fire hazard warning from lithium battery bulk shipments
- Power grid pilot highlights Europe's battery storage failings
- Smart meters can destabilize grid, study says
- Can your phone batteries keep you secret on the internet?
- Solar cell splits water to make fuel
- Solar powered flight smashes long distance records
- IBM slashes next-gen power
- Battery overheating stalls solar plane record attempt
- World first: Samsung monitor integrates inbuilt wireless charging
- Perovskite solar cells - can production costs be lowered?
- Electric double-decker buses lead London's zero emission drive
- Powering wearables: Are niobium nanowire supercapacitors the answer?
- Li-ion battery to power search for life on Mars
- Butterflies help boost solar panel power by 50 per cent
- Graphene nanoribbon could deliver power control for ships to smartphones
- Dual Phase Buck Controller Drives High Density 1.2V/60A Supply with Submilliohm DCR Sensing
- Battery Management System Tutorial
- High Performance Portable DC Bench Power Supply: Save Money and Free Up Bench Real Estate by Building Your Own
- A Four-Quadrant DC/DC Switching Regulator Smoothly Transitions from Positive to Negative Output Voltages for FPGA and Other Applications
- Investigating Die attach Failure in IGBTs using Power Cycling Tests
- Power Systems Design eBook
- Wireless Power User Guide