ZMDI applies mixed-signal expertise to enable energy efficient LED lighting
The drivers achieve up to 95 percent efficiency and demonstrate ZMDI’s commitment to green technology.
ZMDI’s LED driver portfolio is designed for all types of internal and external lighting applications. The ZLED7000 and ZLED7010 drive single or multiple LEDs from a supply voltage range of 6 to 40 V, using continuous-mode inductive step-down converters. The ZLED7001 is a peak current mode control LED driver which operates within a wide input range from 8 VDC to 450 VDC or 110 VAC / 220 VAC, making it ideal for direct line-powered applications. All three devices have a small footprint and are highly integrated thus enabling a low bill of materials (BOM) cost.
The ZLED7000 and the ZLED7010 LED driver both feature an integrated current-switching transistor and require only four external components for a complete driver. Both support wide-range dimming. The ZLED7010 also has integrated LED temperature compensation to insure that the LED lifetime is maximized. The measured temperature information for the compensation can be cascaded through the ZLED7010 to serve up to 13 LED drivers. Both devices can drive up to 750 mA of LED current, and feature regulation better than 2 mA. This means the LEDs deliver consistent, flicker-free brightness.
For line-powered applications, the ZLED7001 universal LED driver allows efficient operation of High Brightness (HB) LEDs with voltage sources ranging from 8 VDC to 450 VDC, including rectified 110 VAC / 220 VAC. Direct connection to the power line dramatically reduces the cost and size of LED lamps, and makes it possible to create LED lamps which are direct replacements for conventional incandescent and fluorescent lamps. The ZLED7001 claims an excellent dimming response and can be dimmed using either Pulse-Width-Modulation techniques or via a linear input control pin. A temperature-compensation input can be used to insure maximum LED lifetime.
Availability and Pricing
For all three devices, full application kits including application notes and an evaluation board are available now. The ZLED7000 comes in a SOT89-5 package, making it ideal for space-constrained applications such as signage or specialty architectural lighting. The ZLED7001 and ZLED7010 are available in a SOP-8 package. For 1000 pieces, the ZLED7000 is priced at 0.36 Euros, ZLED7001 at 0.40 Euros and ZLED7010 at 0.63 Euros. All three devices are available in mass production now.
Related link: www.zmdi.com
- Smart window tints and acts as transparent battery
- Reference design spotlights high-power LED lighting applications
- PFC AC-DC drivers focus on LED lighting applications
- High-voltage inrush/overcurrent input protection device
- ams expands PMIC family for mobile multi-core ARM processors
- Energy-saving 810-nm IRED unlocks smartphones at a glance
- MOSFET gate drivers boost conversion efficiency
- Single-channel gate driver provides on-chip galvanic isolation
- Initiator device with integrated immobiliser 'wakes up' powered-down systems
- Automotive photovoltaic MOSFET driver rated for engine-compartment modules
- Multi-channel driver and inverter IPMs for industrial, white goods and consumer
- Connector solution supports DMX lighting-control protocol
- Pixel chip sparks energy-efficient intelligent LED headlamps
- 200-mA power supply supports 64 DALI device network
- IP builds low power memory for LCD drivers and touch screen controllers
- From 20x faster batteries to spray-on solar cells
- The benefits of the coupled inductor technology
- French-German collaborators claim solar cell efficiency world record
- Can Fool's gold reduce the cost of solar cells?
- Vicor extends “component power” concepts with VIA package
- BMW and Tesla look at car battery alliance
- Electrostatic potential technique harvests more of the sun’s energy
- Australian researchers claim solar energy efficiency world record
- Advanced lead-carbon batteries could enable 48V super hybrid vehicles
- Death to "half-power handsets"
- Product How-to: Power supply Black Box revolutionizes customer diagnostics
- EnOcean eyes the consumer market
- New electrolyte promises cheaper high efficiency magnesium-sulfur batteries
- Do electric vehicle batteries on the grid make sense?
- Bio batteries take step closer to clean energy
- Power Systems Design eBook
- Wireless Power User Guide
- A Novel Approach to Industrial Rectifier Systems
- Smartphone SoC Power Efficiency - DVFS Capacitor Switching
- Power Modules: The New Super Power
- Digital Power Management Reduces Energy Costs While Improving System Performance
- How to Charge Supercapacitor Banks for Energy Storage